早上好!
Zǎoshang hǎo!
Goodmorning!
I arrived!
I hope this update finds you well! :) It is morning here.
The flight from SFO to TPE was great. I was so thankful to be seated beside two very kind Taiwanese sisters, Donna and Vickie. We quickly became friends and really enjoyed eachothers company for the long 12 some hour flight. We talked and laughed together, and had a really great time. God always provides. I am so thankful for this special connection He provided on the flight.
I also met a fellow ywam student, Ian, on the same flight, seated not far from me.
Donna and Vickie were very helpful, and they stayed with us til we were connected with the ywam staff picking us up from TPE. It was bitter sweet parting ways with Donna and Vickie, but maybe we will meet again someday.
Vickie, me, and Donna after landing.
We recieved a warm welcome at the airport, from three ywam staff, Asher Koala and Zoey. Koala is really cool and a good driver. It was about 40 minute drive from the airport. I was dropped off at where I will be staying, and Zoey showed me around. I am on the 3rd floor of the building, in a nice bunk room with several other girls. The classroom is on the 1st floor. And there is a kitchen and living space adjacent to our bedroom.
The staff wrote us notes and put them on our beds with our names, some snacks, and more information about the school, the schedule, basic helpful chinese, and short bios of people on staff and birthdays of our classmates.
There are 16 students, including myself, from Taiwan, USA, Malaysia, Australia, and Korea.
Esther and I get along very well. She is from Australia, and reminds me fondly of cousins. She is 17, homeschooled, and one of nine children. Joyce is from Malaysia and I am looking forward to hearing her long story she has to tell me sometime about how she got here with ywam. And I met Yonna who is Taiwanese and good friends with Koala.
More of the other students will be arriving today and tomorrow. Rachel will be arriving tonight and I am so excited to meet her. She is from Japan and has met a lot of my extended family in the states! And my brother Daniel met her family last month. Small world! God is so good!
He is Jehova Jira, our Provider! Thank You LORD for Rachel!
Thank you all for your prayers. I am so excited and thankful to God for all He is doing. He is on the move in many mighty ways!
(numerous moto bikes on the streets here!)
Verse for this morning:
"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the LORD is to be praised." - Psalm 113:3
Everywhere--from east to west--praise the name of the LORD. (NLT)



No comments:
Post a Comment