Thursday, June 15, 2017

I had Trouble in Getting to... a Tea Party!


I was really quite willing and ready to go,
to help with a tea at a Senior living home,
I didn't really know what to expect,
but didn't want to miss my friend's Senior Project.

And nothing, not anything, I thought would go wrong,
Until the doubts started coming along.
And I guess I got tired. I guess I got wondering,
why not stay home instead of going?

And then I stopped doubting.
No, yes! I would go!
Now, I never had ever had
been there before.
So I said to the Lord,
"Thy will be done, not mine, but YOUR'S."

We went, the distance was far,
mom drove and I rode in the car.
It was a very unusual day,
with unexpected bumps along the way.

The traffic out there
Was a mess, I must say,
With billions of birds*
Going all the wrong way.

We were talking and getting distracted,
Saw a new Sheetz being constructed.
Then suddenly our car gave a lurch,
We decided to go home and end our search.

Avoiding troubles like these, few can.
Our car bumped a van,
Oh the unexpected troubles that came,
Should I have stayed home instead?

So then mom and I started back home,
Back home again,
But not for long!
boy! I'm so thankful for men,
Who encourage me to go on!

I was at home again to stay,
But I didn't
Instead...
I did some quick praying and thinking
Inside of my head

At home, I'd have no more troubles...
That's what some would say.

"I know I'll have troubles,
I'll, maybe, get stung.
I'll always have troubles,
I'll, maybe, get [stuck]..."

Not sure whether to continue or not,
I remembered the words: Buetez en avante,
And ONWARD daddy and I went,
with some encouragement from Daniel I went ;)

Then I persistantly started on the way once more,
to my friend's Senior Project-
A Tea Party at a Senior Living Home.
I didn't want to miss it.

So... there I was once more,
In the car, not knowing what lie ahead...
Though troubles I trowed were sure,
I took heart and walked by faith, trusting God,
Knowing treasures may be found in store.

Yes, I really was really on my way,
"better to stay at home" some would say...
But though I didn't know what to expect,
I really didn't want to miss my friend's Senior Project.

Here I arrive, and the door is shut,
I thought my troubles were over, but they're not.
I was there with no way in,
No bell to ring, no key to spin.
Alone I was, I had to wait,
To see if someone would come
And open up the "gate".

A few minutes went by,
Then I gave a deep sigh,
And alas! An older man came in!
Just off his motorcycle with a grin.

He amused me with his humor,
He asked me if I was a terrorist,
I assured him I was not,
And he graciously did assist.

I went through the open door,
trusting God had something good in store.
I popped my head in. The Tea Party was goin' on.
And I knew, from the flowers, I'd finally come through
To the place of my friend's Senior Project!
Wahoo! I did not want to miss it!

There it was! With its glittering snow decorations in the air!
I'd made it! Thank God! At last I was there!
And I knew that I'd left my troubles behind
When the chap with the motorcycle that shimmered and shined
Waved me a wave that was friendly and kind.

I joined the crafts and sweet fellowship,
and saw my friend Charis exemplify leadership.
The icebreaker games were fun,
and brought smiles to the faces of everyone.



 Charis and Caroline provided entertainment,
 sharing simple blessings to give thanks for,
 Now, I had what I would call a divine appointment...
 meeting this delightful woman:   Edna Miller



























 Edna Miller, עֶדְנָה In Hebrew, her name means "pleasure",
 And I believe God takes much delight and pleasure in her.
 Her relationship with God is steadfast and unwavering,
 even though her memory is faltering.













Edna Miller's craft surpassed the rest,
her craft was unique, she gave it her best.
It was suppose to be a snowflake...
but a person praising God she decided to make,
out of pipe cleaners and colorful beads.
She's a woman with great faith- 
greater than a mustard seed.















During the icebreaker, she said she likes coffee,
she wakes up, and pushes the button,
and delights in the blessings the Lord gives.

The icebreaker was an alphabet game,
you go around in a circle after saying your name,
and say a word that belongs with the letter,
and Edna Miller played with enthusiastic effort.

Round two, Edna's letter was 'L',
we gave her a little helping to spell...
and proposed 'LOVE' to be her word,
and oh how her face did glow,
it lit up when she heard
that small four letter word - LOVE
she clasped her hands together looking assured
of God her Heavenly Father's great love from above.
Her eyes twinkled as she spoke of God's great Love,
exemplified perfectly through Jesus Christ-
Salvation by Love, what abounding beauty and grace.
"I Love LOVE" she said thereof.
Her love for the Lord and His salvation was so evident.
Her passion contagious, and love affectionate.

Last round, Edna's letter was 'U',
She took her napkin and would show you,
'Umbrella' was the word she chose,
"I go under my umbrella when it rains,
so I don't get wet", she explains,
using the napkin as an example.

Parting was such sweet sorrow,
Praying and saying goodbye
knowing I'd miss her tomorrow
I gave a deep sigh and my heart wanted to cry,
God, You are so good, and I'm so thankful
to have met Edna Miller, 
and witnessed such love, delight, 
and her sweet Christ-like example.


















On the way home, I saw the sky glorifying God,
And a small bright rainbow,
reminding me of His Promises and His Faithfulness.
My heart overflowed with abounding thankfulness,
and a few tears flowed down my cheek.
I have tasted and seen His goodness once more,
in meeting Edna Miller. 












I know I'll have troubles...

But I've got a big God,
I'm all ready, you see
all my worries and fears will have troubles with me.
In His Presence and great Love I'm sustained.
By His grace, through faith I walk...
and I can see.




*There weren't really billions of birds...  That is a direct quote from Dr. Seuss' I had Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew :)

No comments:

Post a Comment